OSMA Foundation 2022 Grant Announcement
The OSMA Foundation has four focus areas established by its board as funding priorities that serve the entire state of Oklahoma and our physicians and their patients:
- Public Health
- Healthcare Delivery
- Communication Initiatives
The Foundation seeks out organizations that are creating significant, lasting, and transformational change – either through smart responses to today’s medical needs or through systemic solutions that address the root causes of society’s health challenges. We look to help expand effective programs or facilitate new strategic partnerships and collaborations that have the possibility to becoming sustainable.
In 2022, the nonprofit organization has invested $95,000 in community grants and continues to offer the statewide Physician Wellness Program (PWP) to all Oklahoma’s MD and DO physicians regardless of membership status to support mental health and wellbeing efforts throughout Oklahoma’s health system.
- The Healthy Schools OK designed the Fit and Fun Painted Playscapes project which promotes child health within 17 schools and is expanding into Phase Two.
- The Reach Out and Read Oklahoma program helped promote healthy brain development through physicians and the families they serve through well-visits and vaccinations and the understanding of early childhood development.
- The Oklahoma Caring Foundation – Van Program builds on the preventive health services by providing Oklahoma children with vital age-appropriate immunizations.
- Hearts That Care Volunteer Health Clinic engaged low-income residents in the southwest Oklahoma region to improve and ensure healthy lives.
- The Oklahoma Challenge Educational Alternatives program conducts online training conferences for Oklahoma Family, Career and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA) peer leaders and works to reduce young driver distracted driving injuries and fatalities throughout Oklahoma.
- Manos Juntas works to improve lives of low-income residents in the Oklahoma City region.
- Tulsa Schweitzer Fellowship supports medical students Fellows in their Cohort 7 educational programs.
- Project TCMS works to improve lives of low-income residents in the Tulsa region.
- OCMS Physician Wellness Program which supports mental wellbeing for their physician members.
The OSMA Foundation annually supports $30,000 to medical students/residents with OSMA memberships and advocacy opportunities.
If you would like to support the work of the OSMA Foundation, please visit https://my.okmed.org/OSMAFoundation.