OSMA Members $175.00; Nonmembers $225.00
“What Physicians Need To Know: Helping Each Other Survive In Healthcare”
8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. - “Adverse Childhood Events: How To Help” – Speaker: Mary Anne McCaffree, MD
1. Identify and screen patients with a history of domestic violence, follow the USPSTF recommendations; and
2. Locate referral resources for patients with this history, including home health nurses and counselors.
9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. - “How Much Will You Get Paid in 2019?” – Cori Loomis, JD
1. Identify changes physicians need to make to maximize reimbursement in light of payment changes; and
2. Make strategic plans for their practice to adapt to MACRA; and
3. Know the basic timeline and requirements for MACRA implementation.
10:45 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. - “Living with Paradox, Non-Sequitur and Uncertainty: or The Answer to the Present and Future of Medicine is ’43’”
“ The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” – Curtis Harris, MD, JD
1. Anticipate changes following the election of President Trump; and
2. Plan effectively for the anticipated changes; and
3. Weigh the risks of Medicare compliance with quality measures.
12: 15 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. - “Pain Management Update 2017” – Scott Anthony, DO, Tulsa, OK
1. Know and understand the CDC guidelines; and
2. Know the high dose opioid therapy process; and
3. Know the procedure on monitoring the patient on opioids.
1:15 p.m. – 2:15 p.m. - “Making It To The Other Side: Before and After” – Tyler Zander, MSI
1. Better knowledge and understanding the perspective of hospital patients and trauma victims; and
2. Realize the importance of striving for what was thought to be medically impossible; and
3. Appreciate the role faith plays in medicine.
2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. - “Steps To Take When Closing Your Practice” – Cori Loomis, JD
1. Effectively planning for the closing of your medical practice; and
2. Steps to take to effectively implement the closing of your practice.
3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. - “The Healing Power of Laughter” – Diana Jordan
1. Harness laughter as a positive communication tool and avoid conflict; and
2. Use laughter as an exercise and way to cope with stress and change; and
3. Recognize the physical
Your user name is your last name and your OSMA member ID.
Don't know your ID? If email on file, click forgot my username at right. If not, call (405) 601-9571 or (800) 522-9452.
Check out the OSMA member directory. Review your profile. Is it current?
Attending our CME or registering for an event? Click here